Fire and Smoke Damage
Cleaning and Restoration
Fire and smoke damage can leave a heavy residue on ceilings, walls, floors, furnishings, and all other surfaces inside your home or business. This residue is a result of incomplete combustion so it may be just as heavy when you have a small, smoldering event as it is when you have a full-blown fire.
Property that has been damaged is usually more serious than what you see. Smoke travels throughout your home and contaminates every open space or air pocket. Smoke will form chains of odor and discoloration in corners, behind doors, and in other hard-to-reach spots. This creates a situation that makes complete cleaning and odor removal difficult.
Damage Severity Will Vary
- What burned and for how long.
- How much time has passed between the event and the initial, emergency cleaning
- What surfaces or materials are affected
- Does anyone in the home have breathing issues or lung problems
- Is the smoke black, gray, or white, and what is the odor level
- Is the residue heavy, flighty, greasy, or dry like ash
- Was the smoke driven by convection (hot air/flame)
These factors determine not only the severity but the cleaning process, and which is most effective- deodorizing and cleaning versus replacement.
All fire and smoke damage should be inspected and assessed by a certified professional firm. Repairing an area prior to thorough cleaning can result in long-term effects, long-term odor issues, and may compromise the quality of the repairs.
For more information on restoration services from Blue Sky Restoration and Construction, please call 307.734.7678 or Contact Us.
With two locations, Blue Sky Restoration & Construction serves Western Wyoming from Jackson Hole and the Star Valley communities of Afton, Thayne, Etna, and Alpine. Offering a comprehensive scope of services to support a healthy home or business.